Call for Papers
Call for Papers [PDF;262KB]
Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology is an annual international symposium for image and video technology. The fifth PSIVT will be held in Gwangju, Korea to provide a forum for researchers, artists, developers, educators, performers, and practitioners in the Pacific Rim and around the world to present the latest development in both theoretical and practical aspects of image and video technology, artistic and consumer innovations.
PSIVT2011 proceedings will be published by by Springer-Verlag as a Lecture Notes in Computer Science volume.
High-quality contributions from prospective authors are solicited in all aspects of image and video technology including, but not limited to:
- Image/Video Coding and Transmission
- Image/video compression, error-resilient video coding, joint source/channel coding, low bit-rate video coding, video streaming over wireless/wired networks, etc.
- Image/Video Processing and Analysis
- Super-resolution, image refinement, image segmentation, motion analysis, tracking, stereo and multi-view image processing, multi-view geometry, omni-directional and panoramic image processing, etc.
- Biometrics and Image Forensics
- Face, iris, and fingerprint recognition, image security and authentication, watermarking, etc.
- Imaging and Graphics Hardware and Visualization
- Multispectral or time-of-flight image or video cameras, omni-directional, panoramic, and multi-view camera design, image-based virtual reality techniques, 3D video generation and editing,, 3D visualization hardware and algorithms, etc.
- Image/Video Retrieval and Scene Understanding
- Image/video index and retrieval, Feature extraction and clustering, object/event detection and recognition, etc.
- Biomedical Image Processing and Analysis
- Ultrasound, Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Image/Video Processing, Functional Magnetic Resonance Image Analysis, Image/Video-based Computer Assisted Diagnosis and clinical decision support systems.
- Computer Vision Applications
- human detection and tracking, video surveillance, interaction between graphics and vision, image based human-computer interaction, visual inspections, intelligent transportation systems, SLAM and navigation, etc.
||July 15, 2011
| Notification of Acceptance:
||August 31, 2011
||September 15, 2011
||September 15, 2011
|Early Registration Deadline:
||October 31, 2011
||November 20-23, 2011